Making Your Own Bird Feeder
May 8, 2018
What You Will Need:
- An empty milk or juice carton (any size will do)
- String (must be strong)
- Hole punch
- 2 small sticks or wooden rods
- Bird seed
- Markers, water based paint or anything which can be used to decorate the carton
- Wash and dry the carton
- Decorate your carton
- Using your scissors cut a square in each side of the carton (big enough to fit the head of a bird)
- Using your hole punch (or your scissors) make a small hole below each square.
- Push your sticks or rods through the holes from one side of the carton to the other
- Fill the bottom of your carton with bird seed
- Punch a hole in the top of your carton
- Hang your finished feeder to a tree branch with string.
Although these bird feeders will not last forever, they are a fun, inexpensive craft that cares for our wildlife!